Classes with Celia Buchanan
Students will create a large mural each week focusing on a specific theme utilizing found materials, indigo dyeing, water-based paints, mono printing, collage, found materials, pastels, and more! Within each class, there will also be time for students to create independently.
July 10-14 Tropical Rain Forest
July 17- 21 Ocean & Beach
August 14-18 Dinosaur Kingdom
August 28-Sept 1 NY 100 Years into the Future
Classes with Leila Blair
Every week, students will create projects utilizing different materials and techniques. Guided instruction of other art forms such as origami, collage, drawing, jewelry-making, and more will be provided.
July 5-7 Printmaking
July 24-28 Textile Arts
July 31-August 4 Paper Mache
August 7-11 Mold-Making
August 21-25 Tie-Dye
Discounts apply for CANO Household Members!
before registering to receive your discount.
2023 CANO Summer Arts Program Basics
● The Summer Arts Program runs Monday-Friday 9am-1pm. CANO does not offer extended care. Students must be picked up promptly.
● Enrollment for the Summer Art Program begins on March 21st.
● Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
● Payment is required upon registration to reserve the space. Sign up for 1 or all weeks. Please note that daily drops offs are only available on weeks that registration isn't full.
● Summer Arts Program is designed for children between ages 6 and 12.
● Each week is different, so be sure to register for multiple weeks throughout the summer for an immersive art experience!
Parents of attendees, please read:
● Attendees must bring a nut-free snack every day to eat during a supervised break. Please also provide a water bottle or other beverage for your child
● Parent/guardian must sign child into the summer art program and sign out upon pick-up
● Please let your child stay at home if they are sick. Children with a fever or other symptoms of illness will not be allowed to attend that day.
● Art is messy! Children must wear clothing that can get paint, ink, and other mediums on them. We recommend that children wear closed-toe shoes for their own protection.
● Art mediums and materials are included in tuition.
● Please contact the Education Coordinator by email at:
art-education@CANOneonta.org for more information.
A refund equal to half of tuition paid will be granted for cancellations made two weeks before the registered start date. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to that date. Please notify us immediately of any cancellations. Full refunds will only be granted if the program is canceled.
To ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience, disruptive or dangerous behavior will not be tolerated. While teachers will make every effort to redirect behavior, parents will be called and asked to pick up their child if problem behavior persists. There will be no refund of class fees if a child must leave due to behavioral issues.
Medical or Other Needs
It is your responsibility to let our teachers know of any medical or other needs that your child has. CANO is not responsible for the administration of medication, wtih the exception of an Epipen (provided by parent) in emergency situations. Please fill the Consent to Treatment form at first day of class.