We’ve filled all CROP positions available for the 2018-19 school year. Please check back next year.
Community Arts Network of Oneonta Arts in Education invites, dynamic, experienced and creative Teaching artists for an after-school program in local public elementary schools in Otsego County, kindergarten through sixth grade. CANO employs Teaching Artists that work in (but not limited to) the following disciplines:
- – Visual Arts-Mural, Painting, Sculpture, Air-Dry clay techniques, Collage, etc
- – Digital Media-Animation, Photography, Website Design, etc.
- – Theater-Puppetry, Playwriting, etc.
- – Music-Vocal, Musical Theater, Beginning Instruments, Drumming, Etc.
- – Dance- Hip Hop, Jazz, etc.
- – Literary-Storytelling, Poetry, etc
Each site is unique and developed to meet the needs of the individual school. The program length is 16 weeks and it’s carefully planned by CANO, the partner school and teaching artist.
We are looking for Teaching Artists that will foster creativity and imagination. The Artists responsibilities include:
- – Designing and executing an age-appropriate, project based art curriculum.
- – Preparing for and producing culminating presentations at assigned site(s).
- – Collaborating effectively with co-workers, and communicating regularly with CANO staff.
- – Submitting complete lessons plans, timesheets, mileage reports to CANO Staff promptly.
Please send the following to Patricia Dukes at email@example.com by 8/15/18. “Teaching Artist: [Your Name]” as the subject:
- – A cover letter that introduces and details your interest in joining us as a teaching artist and includes your contact information (phone, email, address.)
- – A resume demonstrating experience as an artist and / or a teacher
- – A link to your professional website or portfolio (if available)
- – Three professional references’ contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
Download/Print pdf file: CROP Call 2018-2019