linking artists, promoting the arts, educating the community
Since 1970, the Community Arts Network of Oneonta (formerly UCCCA) has served communities in the greater Oneonta region by creating a cultural, educational, social, and economic environment in which the arts can flourish. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides or facilitates artistic presentations to thousands of people in the region. This includes exhibitions, concerts, classes and more. All of our events are open to the public, and most are free to attend (excluding Chili Bowl Fundraiser and classes).
Programs featured by the Arts Council include:
- Monthly Art Exhibitions – in the Kubiak, Hathaway and FC Galleries at the Wilber Mansion, featuring work by regional & national contemporary and emerging artists.
- Monthly Writers Salons – featuring readings from published authors and an open mic platform for aspiring writers.
- Monthly Music at the Mansion – begins with open mic, followed by a featured performance. Bring your instrument or play our baby grand piano. (April-November)
- Chili Bowl Fundraiser – a culinary challenge for amateur and professional chefs, and a creative showcase for area potters, artists, and bowl-decorating enthusiasts.
- Quilt Show – hand quilted designs by Susquehanna Valley Quilters.
- Student Show – Hartwick College & SUNY Oneonta join forces to curate this exhibit.
- Members Show – showcasing the artwork of CANO’s members.
- Mansion Show – a themed juried exhibition open to all artists.
- Art in Bloom – a juried exhibition of floral designs by the Oneonta Garden Club, showcasing their interpretation of artwork from the Mansion Show.
- City of the Hills Art & Music Festival – featuring work by 50 regional artists, and a full-day of music, dance, literary readings, community art & children’s activities, plus more!
- Art Education & Scholarships – sponsors scholarships toward classes through our education partner Carriage House Art Studio.